Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Radio Garden, an amazing internet creation, free radio stations around the globe, in so many languages and styles, 24 hours a day



This is a Christmas present for anyone who comes to visit this little blog in the vast reaches of cyber space. 

Pick a place anywhere in the world and listen to their radio! Live, what is playing this minute. For free. How cool is that! 

Radio Garden
Listen to live radio all over the world by navigating an interactive globe

This is one of the most fantastic things I've seen/heard online in ages. 

Apparently, it was created by TRE (Transnational Radio Encounters). It is so awesome to be able to travel around this amazing planet, see the geographic details on the map, listening to the languages, music, ambiance, news in so many countries, far flung corners of the world. Just like that. Boom. One moment listening to music in Bamako, Mali, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Bengaluru, India then swiveling the globe and listening to music in Chalcis, Greece.

I love the Stories part of this website too, in different accents. The History part too around the world, in different languages. Even the Jingles part is cool.

Looking at the globe is wonderful as well, connecting to parts of the world by their radio programs is an interesting sort of intimacy. I like targeting the littler dots in exotic places I've never heard of before.

What a great sound adventure this is.


If you like classic jazz, just dedicated to jazz, here is Moscow's Jazz 101 via languagehat with thanks.

If you like Reggae, here's a great dub station out of Nicosia, Cypress of all places. 


And Radio Locator
Welcome to Radio-Locator.com, the most trusted radio station search engine on the Internet. We have links to over 15,100 radio stations' web pages and over 10,200 stations' audio streams from radio stations in the U.S. and around the world.



From BBC's Planet Earth II
teh kitten and owl chick friends, in Japan
So  interesting! Beauty salons in the sea, where fish and amphibians come to get groomed by "cleaner fish" of all kinds. One of the cool things is that predators repay the service of being cleaned by these fish by not eating them, remaining patient, even when the cleaning is irritating, hurts or tickles.

Wow. Human population through time



Yella - Tom Tom Club - a 1980s favorite and so true about NYC


Tom Tom Club - Yella Lyrics


Yella



  • Up in the morning at 8:05, my room€'s too cold to crack a job
  • There's no beginning, there is no end
  • The landlord has cut the heat again (Say what?)
  • It'€™s freezing cold in New York City
  • I have no heat and it'€™s a pity
  • I pay my rent bill right on time but I'€™m so cold that it's a crime
  • They say that New York'€™s red hot
  • I'm here to tell you that it'€™s not
  • And since the landlord he don'€™t care, I gotta live in my Long John Underwear

  • You gotta have a strong heart to live in New York
  • You gotta have strong lungs to live in New York
  • You gotta have a strong skin to live in New York
  • You gotta have Long Johns to live in New York
  • It'€™s gonna take a lot of heart to live in New York
  • It's gonna take a lot of soul to live in New York
  • You gotta have a lot of cash to live in New York
  • You gotta have a lot of dash to live in New York

  • Freezing heart and froze below, with freezing ears and frozen nose
  • On and on and on, on and on from midnight to the break of dawn
  • I shiver in the shower, stutter on the phone
  • Wonder why I end up an Eskimo

  • If the landlord he don'€™t bend, I guess I have to move again

  • You gotta have a strong heart to live in New York
  • You gotta have strong lungs to live in New York
  • You gotta have a strong skin to live in New York
  • You gotta have Long Johns to live in New York
  • You gotta have a lot of heart to live in New York
  • You gotta have a lot of soul to live in New York
  • You gotta have a lot of cash to live in New York
  • You gotta have a lot of dash to live in New York
  • I like to move where I can groove
  • Once a move to twice improve
  • To the South where the sun is hot
  • To a place where the landlord's not

  • I take my wife and the three fat babies because I came for New York lady
  • Left, right, left and to the South
  • (Forward march) I'm stepping out

  • You gotta have a strong heart to live in New York
  • You gotta have strong lungs to live in New York
  • You gotta have a strong skin to live in New York
  • You gotta have Long Johns to live in New York

  • Left, right, left, right, left, right, left
  • Left, right, left, right, left, right, left
  • Left, right, left, right, left, right, left
  • Left, right, left, right, left, right, left
  • Why don'€™t you move into the Louvre?
  • It'€™s cozy there and you could prove Monet was hot, Picasso was not
  • I should have moved but milk's no joke
  • Fool blew his bankroll tootin'€™ coke
  • Now he don'€™t like my on the spot
  • His New York baby and they'd rather freeze
  • That would be the bee€'s knees
  • To London please
  • I said, €œExcuse me if I have to sneeze€
  • I fear the cold like a disease
  • Have you ever seen a Londoner have a heart?
  • Have you ever seen a shark bark?
  • Have you ever seen a snake with hips?
  • Have you ever seen a chicken with lips?
  • Have you ever known a harp to talk?
  • My god (Describe it)
  • Have you ever heard applause for a pause?
  • Have you ever seen a flasher flasher, flasher?
  • A hooker, hooker, hooker
  • A rub of rubber, rubber?
  • A millionaire have an affair?
  • I date the lady I say?
  • But you could have seen an empty day job
  • A summer in the summer?
  • A rock and roller reefer
  • A brother kill another?
  • Loved by your lover?
  • Stick by a sticker?
  • Lit by a lighter?
  • Have you ever got robbed by a robber?
  • Dreams form a dreamer
  • Have you ever given a gift to a giver?
  • Time to a timer
  • Books to a booker
  • And Shocks to a sinner?
  • No
  • I am freezing high, I am freezing low
  • In fact I'€™m freezing from the cold
  • On and on and on, on and on from midnight to the break of dawn
  • I shiver in the shower, stutter on the phone and I wonder why I end up an
  • Eskimo
  • I like to move where I can prove, once removed and twice confused
  • Go South where the sun is hot
  • Go South where the landlord's not

  • New York, right on














  • Very nice reading with pictures from the original book, How the Grinch Stole Christmas

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment